Food, beverages, games and good times for over 35,000 guests daily at 50 locations nationwide
Integrated food, beverage, sales and human resource management to provide world class hospitality
Topgolf pioneered a technology to make golf more fun and engaging. It has since emerged as a global sports and entertainment community, focused on connecting people in meaningful ways. Today, Topgolf continues to blend technology and entertainment, golfers and non-golfers, children and adults – to create an experience that makes socializing a sport for everyone. Every Topgolf venue features dozens of high-tech, climate-controlled hitting bays for year-round comfort, a chef-inspired menu for year-round deliciousness and hundreds of associates eager to help create the moments that matter.
Behind the scenes, multiple systems are integrated into automated business processes designed by the brilliant minds at Topgolf. This real time choreography of business applications brings the magic of entertaining an average of 35,000 daily guests across 50 venues. RoboMQ Hybrid Integration Platform (HIP) is the glue behind connecting distributed business processes by connecting APIs, data and events together.
Unlike scenarios where integration platforms are adopted to solve a challenge or a pain point, RoboMQ was fortunate to be selected early on as enterprise integration platform to help build integrated business processes supporting aggressive growth at Topgolf. Technology leadership at Topgolf had the vision to have a middleware capable of integrating its on-premise and SaaS platform together before on-boarding new functional systems and investing in new business initiative. Multiple business processes were needed to grow and scale its operations. And in today's world of SaaS and cloud, the building blocks for business capabilities came from more than one system.
Topgolf has grown from 14 locations to 50 locations in the last three years while providing a superior customer service and guest experience to its 13 million visitors annually. All of this would not have been possible without key operations systems - F&B Inventory, point of sales, golf gaming, large event sales, resource planning, HR and Payroll - talking to each other and exchanging data. Without near real time API and file based integration between business systems, some of the scenarios below would not have been possible in an effective manner:
- Large event (banquet) information including pre-order at the fingertips of hostess before the party shows up at the venue
- Food and Beverage (F&B) inventory management
- Single check - Integrated Gaming and F&B purchase experience
- Access provisioning of 20,000 associates across 50 venues as they are hired
- Timely payroll and overtime calculations that is critical to employee satisfaction
- Associates being able to swap schedules without bothering shift managers
Topgolf took an "Integration First Strategy" of making sure integration was not an afterthought as it commonly is. Business initiatives were undertaken to solve business needs using specialized SaaS, on the cloud, or on-premise system integrated using RoboMQ. Some of the key integrations that were put in place are:
- ADP HR integrated with AD and Point of Sales (POS) at the venues so that an associate's account and email were created and access granted to POS
- POS systems received menu updates across their 50 locations
- Large event sales SaaS system integrated with POS so that the hostess gets an update on the menu ordered and deposit made for the banquet
- F&B inventory integrated with POS providing forecast vs actual and revenue reconciliation
- Schedule management integrated with resource planning so that associates could swap shifts themselves
- Time worked for each of 20,000 associates with local overtime rules applied integrated with Payroll to generate timely and accurate paycheck
Topgolf pioneered a technology to make golf more fun and engaging. It has since emerged as a global sports and entertainment community focused on connecting people in meaningful ways. Today, Topgolf continues to blend technology and entertainment, golfers and non-golfers, children and adults – to create an experience that makes socializing a sport for everyone.